Refreshing and Reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Broiled Seafood Combo and made Seafood Dumplings.
It’s not often we embrace words like Insanity or Asylum but when Shaun T is around … it’s a way of life. Through some of the most effective and popular fitness programs, he’s transformed generations of people digging deeper to a healthy way of life … and together; they nail it. We’re goin’ for a ride and workin’ up an appetite with life trainer Shaun T… and for now … the T stands for Taste Maker.
Refreshing and Reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Cold Cuts and made Stuffed Chicken in a Portobello Wine Sauce.
Left-Over: Cold Cuts
- 2 Medium Chicken Breast
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Of White Wine
- 1 Cup Of Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onions
- ½ Cup Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Place chicken breast on top, Placing another piece on top, Pound down the chicken with a meat tenderizer pound down to about a 1/4 Inch ???
- Place cold cuts at the center of the chicken.
- Dust edges of chicken with flour.
- Fold and press down, (set aside)
- In a frying pan Sautee Onions, Mushrooms and Rosemary
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoons of flour, wine, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes.Place chicken inside the sauce and cover cooking for 10 minutes on each side.
- A minute before serving add butter.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Meatballs and made Garlic Bread Pizza.
• 1 16oz. Can Plum Tomatoes
• 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
• 1 Cup Fresh Basil
• 1/4 Cup Fresh Garlic (Sliced)
• 1 Teaspoon Oregano
• 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
• 1 Round Or Long Semolina Bread
• 1/2 Cup (Great Garlic) Spread
Start by making the marinara sauce:
1. In a medium pot cook garlic in olive oil until it’s a light brown.
2. Add basil and plum tomatoes.
3. Season with Salt and Pepper.
4. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. While sauce is cooking, cut bread in half and spread Great Garlic generously.
6. Toast the bread for about 5 minutes.
7. While the bread is toasting, slice the meatballs in 1/4 inche thick slices.
8. Assemble the pizza by layering marinara sauce and topping it with Meatballs, Shredded Mozzarella, Basil and Oregano.
9. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Salmon and made a Salmon Basil Brandy Cream Sauce and served it over Bow-Tie Pasta
Left-Over: Broiled Salmon
• 1/2 Pounds Bow-Tie Pasta
• 1/2 Cup Sliced Shallots
• 1 Cup Fresh Basil
• 1 Tomato (Diced)
• 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper
• 1/2 Cup Brandy (Not Sweet)
• 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
• 3 Cups Of Heavy Cream
• 1/4 Cup Butter
1. While the pasta is cooking, Start making the sauce, in a medium deep sauce pan.
2. Start by sweating the shallots
3. Add 1/2 cup of basil and diced tomatoes,
4. Stir for about 30seconds at medium heat.
5. Add Brandy, Heavy Cream, Salt and Pepper.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add Salmon, 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese and Butter.
8. Cook for 5 minutes
9. Drain pasta, pour 1/4 of the sauce, and mix
10. Pour the rest of the sauce on top, sprinkle the rest of the cheese and basil.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Meatloaf and made Lasagna Rolls.
Left-Over: MEAT LOAF
- 4 Boiled Lasagna Sheets.
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- 4 Cups Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan, parsley, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, and egg.
- Take the meat loaf, break it up and mix it with the cheese mixture
- Cut lasagna sheets in half
- Spoon in mixture and roll.
- Pour about 2 cups of tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan
- Place lasagna on the baking pan and pour tomato sauce on top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for about 25 minutes
Serve and enjoy.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Baked Chicken and made Burritos.
Left-Over: ROASTED CHICKEN
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese
- 2 Cup Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Avocads
- 1 Lime
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Medium Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 Can Refried Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Chop Tomato
- Dice Jalapeno Peppers
- Shred Chicken
- In a bowl mix shredded chicken, chopped tomato, jalapeno peppers and sour cream.
- Spread tortillas with beans, cheese and the rest of the mixture
- Roll the tortillas and place on a backing sheet with the seam down.
- Cook for about 15 minutes
- Take out and sprinkle cheese on top
- 10. Bake for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- 11. Garnish with lettuce, avocado, and lime
Serve and enjoy.