The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Salmon and made a Salmon Basil Brandy Cream Sauce and served it over Bow-Tie Pasta
Left-Over: Broiled Salmon
• 1/2 Pounds Bow-Tie Pasta
• 1/2 Cup Sliced Shallots
• 1 Cup Fresh Basil
• 1 Tomato (Diced)
• 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper
• 1/2 Cup Brandy (Not Sweet)
• 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
• 3 Cups Of Heavy Cream
• 1/4 Cup Butter
1. While the pasta is cooking, Start making the sauce, in a medium deep sauce pan.
2. Start by sweating the shallots
3. Add 1/2 cup of basil and diced tomatoes,
4. Stir for about 30seconds at medium heat.
5. Add Brandy, Heavy Cream, Salt and Pepper.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Add Salmon, 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese and Butter.
8. Cook for 5 minutes
9. Drain pasta, pour 1/4 of the sauce, and mix
10. Pour the rest of the sauce on top, sprinkle the rest of the cheese and basil.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Meatloaf and made Lasagna Rolls.
Left-Over: MEAT LOAF
- 4 Boiled Lasagna Sheets.
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- 4 Cups Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan, parsley, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, and egg.
- Take the meat loaf, break it up and mix it with the cheese mixture
- Cut lasagna sheets in half
- Spoon in mixture and roll.
- Pour about 2 cups of tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan
- Place lasagna on the baking pan and pour tomato sauce on top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for about 25 minutes
Serve and enjoy.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Baked Chicken and made Burritos.
Left-Over: ROASTED CHICKEN
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese
- 2 Cup Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Avocads
- 1 Lime
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers (Diced)
- 1 Medium Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 Can Refried Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Chop Tomato
- Dice Jalapeno Peppers
- Shred Chicken
- In a bowl mix shredded chicken, chopped tomato, jalapeno peppers and sour cream.
- Spread tortillas with beans, cheese and the rest of the mixture
- Roll the tortillas and place on a backing sheet with the seam down.
- Cook for about 15 minutes
- Take out and sprinkle cheese on top
- 10. Bake for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- 11. Garnish with lettuce, avocado, and lime
Serve and enjoy.
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Sausage & Peppers and made Stuffed Eggplant.
Left-Over: SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
- 2 Baby Eggplant
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Cup Shredder Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Basil
- 1/2 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven at 425 degrees
- Cut eggplant in half,
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil
- Cook for about 25 minutes
- Remove and set oven at 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl add chopped sausage, shredded mozzarella, bread crumbs, and egg.
- Place on the top of the eggplant,
- Bake for another 15 minutes, and serve.
Serve and enjoy.
Jackie “The Joke Man” Martling takes us for a fun filled ride to his favorite restaurant for a feast that stumps us all.
Vincent’s Clam Bar
179 Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
The Doggy Bag segment features recipes for refreshing and reinventing take home food. Here we feature left-over Pork Chops and create Stir Fry.
• 1 Zucchini
• 1 Carrot
• 1 Red Pepper
• 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• ½ Cup Chicken Stock
• 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
• 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
• 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
• 1 Package Rice Noodles
* Cook Rice Noodles
1. Cut Pork, Carrots, Zucchini & Pepper into 2” x ¼” Sticks
2. Place in Mixing Bowl and add soy sauce & garlic
3. Cook in frying pan for about 5 minutes stirring constantly
4. Add corn starch and chicken stock and mix well
Serve stir fry over rice noodles and enjoy!
Sukanya Krishnan puts Lisa Mateo in the hot seat and they head to the Jersey Shore for Lisa’s favorite meal at Citricos.
Citricos Mediterranian Italian Grille
812 Main Street
Bradley Beach, NJ 07720
Phone: (732) 988-6565