Life as a professional athlete comes with the highest highs and sometimes, the lowest lows. But putting on a uniform in New York adds a different dimension to America’s Pastime … especially when the uniform has pinstripes.
We’re riding with Jim Leyritz who understand the meaning of “Catching Heat” all too well, because beyond the ballpark, the homers, the World Series championships and the charities that play such a big part in his life, Jim now catches heat for being a Taste Maker.
Empire Steak House
237 West 54th Street
New York, NY
Phone: (212) 586-9700
Kaitlin Monte takes us to Bathtub Gin with Hendrick’s Brand Ambassador, Jim Ryan, to go Beyond the Bar for The Sip.
2.5 oz Hendrick’s Gin
.5 oz Yellow Chartreuse
2-4 dashes Orange bitters
Iced and Stirred
Garnish: lemon peel
Refreshing and Reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Grilled Chicken and made Chicken & Shrimp Fra Diavolo over Bow Tie Pasta.
LEFT-OVER: Grilled Chicken Cutlet
• 1/2 Pound Bow Tie Pasta
• 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
• 1 Tbsp Hot Pepper Seeds
• 2 Cloves Garlic (Thin Sliced)
• 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
• 1Tbsp Oregano
• 5 Medium Shrimp (Tails Off)
1. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch slices at an angle
2. Place the chicken and shrimp in a baking pan and brush with olive oil
3. Season with basil, oregano and hot pepper, then place in the steam oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
4. Boil the pasta for about 10 minutes
Fra Diavolo Sauce:
5. 2 Tbsp olive oil and cook garlic, when golden brown add basil, hot pepper, and marinara sauce, cook for 2 minutes
6. Drain pasta, place chicken and shrimp over pasta and pour Fra Diavolo sauce over it.
New York Liberty, Tina Charles takes host Lisa Mateo for Serafina in White Plains, NY.
Winning, losing, practice, pressure, performing, scoring and teamwork…are what professional athletes live with, in and out of uniform.
For some it’s their job…for Tina Charles, it’s her life.
From the streets of New York, to America’s champion UCONN Huskies and back home to Madison Square Garden as a member of WNBA’s Liberty, she’s a champion in many ways.
Come for the ride as Tina “travels” with no violation, for her favorite meal and shares her story along the way.
…because no matter how much time is on the clock, Tina Charles is a slam dunk Taste Maker.
199 Main Street
White Plains, NY 07720
Phone: (914) 288-9300
Where do you start with someone who’s produced, directed and acted on TV, in the movies, on stage, at the theater and just about anywhere there’s a camera?
Well if it’s Spike Lee, you start in Brooklyn. For over 30 years he’s been the Inside Man in the 25th Bamboozled because he’d always… Do The Right Thing.
X marks the spot as we Get On The Bus and ride with Spike Lee because He Got Game and He’s Gotta Have It … and for the record, he’s a Taste Maker too.
Refreshing and Reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Broiled Seafood Combo and made Seafood Dumplings.
It’s not often we embrace words like Insanity or Asylum but when Shaun T is around … it’s a way of life. Through some of the most effective and popular fitness programs, he’s transformed generations of people digging deeper to a healthy way of life … and together; they nail it. We’re goin’ for a ride and workin’ up an appetite with life trainer Shaun T… and for now … the T stands for Taste Maker.
Refreshing and Reinventing take home food. We started with left-over Cold Cuts and made Stuffed Chicken in a Portobello Wine Sauce.
Left-Over: Cold Cuts
- 2 Medium Chicken Breast
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Of White Wine
- 1 Cup Of Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onions
- ½ Cup Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Place chicken breast on top, Placing another piece on top, Pound down the chicken with a meat tenderizer pound down to about a 1/4 Inch ???
- Place cold cuts at the center of the chicken.
- Dust edges of chicken with flour.
- Fold and press down, (set aside)
- In a frying pan Sautee Onions, Mushrooms and Rosemary
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoons of flour, wine, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes.Place chicken inside the sauce and cover cooking for 10 minutes on each side.
- A minute before serving add butter.